Friday, January 7, 2011

There's a new way springing forth in the wilderness!... but I need a map.

I want to follow God.
I want to be free from sexual sin- and all sin, but that one in particular. I don't know where in the world to start. It's not just the ACT of sexual sin either, it's just, you know... it's also my past, letting it go, not feeling guilty ALL THE TIME about it. Feeling like a whore and a slut and like I have no right to show my face in church... ugh, I know those feelings are all lies from the devil- I am not that girl anymore. But I've been that girl and believed that lie for three long, dark, dark years. Katelyn was saying she heard somewhere that we should give back to God the years we took away, like to dedicate three years to letting God heal and restore me. Doesn't mean it'll take Him that long, (He is God) but just to be able to say, "God, You deserve these years, and all of the rest of the yearsof my life."
I don't know where I'm going with this... actually i dunno where i'm going period. I'd be lying to say i had complete peace- it's like, I'm closer to God than I've ever been but something keeps my head twirling round so i can't see straight. Sigh. Lost my Bible too :( Shannon has it, gonna go get it tomorrow. I actually got online so i could read some lol. The internet is good for something after all!
"I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust." Psalm 91:2

2 comments:

  1. Mary. I dont know you super well. but i love you. I have been following your blog and I want you to know that i love you and if you need someone for anything, i am here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww!! Thank you Emily that means so much to me :) I really appreciate it. ♥

    ReplyDelete