Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Remember not the former things!

So, so much has been happening. God is doing stuff every day, yet there's this reocurring theme I've begun to notice... God is calling His people apart, to be fools for Him, to follow Him in ways people say is "extreme" or "unnecessary". It's interesting that God has been putting this in so many people's hearts.

God had me "clean house" the last few days. Got 5 garbage bags full of things that I knew were not godly or things that I used to cling to my past or past men. I also got rid of other junk too... but mostly that kind of stuff. I even got rid of my pure romance stuff... not because it's "evil" but because I know where my heart is and I cannot do that anymore.

God has been giving me (and Katelyn) a ton of promises out of Isaiah 43.

Is. 43:10-13 reads as follows:
10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
12 I have declared, and have saved, and I have showed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.
13 Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?

The last part of those of you who have a hard time understanding KJV, God is saying that HE started a work, who can stop it? Pretty awesome promises. He also gave me this one a long time ago, and now He's really given it to me afresh:

Is. 43:18-20
18 Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.

19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.
20 The beast of the field shall honor me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen.

God is doing great and amazing things in my life. If you wanna read the whole chapter here's a link to it: Isaiah 43 KJV


Change of topic:

I am pretty sure I'm getting sick, mostly cuz i could bark when i was reading dominic his barking doggie book, i just squeaked. Smiley Slept in Smileyand missed class 'cause I was up late. Smiley Sigh. Now I have to study online, argh. I hope I didn't miss anything important in class today. My heater died last night, so Dominic and I were really cold, he kept waking up, so I finally took him out of his bed and snuggled him up so he would be all warm and cozy. Oh and for those of you who didn't know, I'd been smoking half a pack a day and quit Sunday... I feel so free. God is good. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment