Sunday, January 23, 2011

in awe of the One True God

Where do I begin? How can I even write about all that He has done in my heart?
The verse that has been pressed on my heart is, "Come out from among them, and be ye seperate." 2nd Cor. 6:17
The reason I walked away is because I began to accept the things, the sin of this world, as "normal" and "ok". It isn't though.
I know that we are supposed to come alongside people and minister to them- and I do not plan to stop doing that. I'm not saying I'm better than anyone either. I'm saying I'm worse. I'm saying if I surround myself in sinfulness, I will sin. Why would I submerge myself in what God has freed me from? Why would I take delight in it, or even make light of it? I want to get as far away from who I once was as possible and cling to the cross or Christ Jesus my Savior. It's hard for me to not sound preachy apparently- I'm really not trying to, I just get so excited about what God is doing and has done. The other night He freed me from the spirit of unforgiveness and self loathing. Quite dramatically too. I asked for prayer Saturday night for healing- if God wants to, i know He will heal me.

May I never forget how full of sin I was and that God is the One who saved me. Nobody and nothing else could have. Not Jason, not any book, not any accomplishment... Only Jesus Christ- my risen Lord!

This fight we're in isn't in the flesh, it's in the spiritual world- we would be foolish to ignore it. When we stand before God, what will be our excuse for comprimising? That we didn't know better? Or that we just didn't care? God is convicting my heart to the very core... I've wasted the last 3 years of my life giving place to the devil. Now God is doing a new thing, He is tearing out all that was once in my heart and doing a new thing. He is reclaiming His children, He is calling us to a higher calling... to be seperate. I know I'm a lil' baby Christian and all of you may think I'm just gettin excited. It isn't that... people who have been steadfastly following God are feeling the same call... to turn off our tv, to turn off secular music, to turn our faces from our sin to the One True God. Is He not worthy of that? My heart is aching to be close to Him, to honor Him. I still struggle, God is still in the process of breaking off these chains, but He is breaking them off and I am free. I will not be ashamed of the Gospel of Christ for it is the power of God unto salvation! Be encouraged, God is awesome and sees us in our pathetic, selfish state, and loves us. He is worthy of my life, I will not hold it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment