Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Go in Peace

I’m not proud of everything I did,
I’m not proud of everything I’ve said,
Don’t believe everything you’ve read,
‘Cause I’m not happy, that I broke up with you,
So if you hear that I am, know that it’s not true.

Flip over my pillow and I can still smell,
Soft kisses, like fresh rain that fell,
From your lips to mine,
I know I’ll be fine,
Just need some time.
Even when the sun comes out to shine,
The skies are so blue,
Raindrops flutter of my eyelashes ‘cause I still miss you,
Oh I still miss you.
No matter what I do.

Honestly, I mostly,
Want you here with me,
Honestly, I mostly,
Want you here with me,
My hand in yours resting on your knee,
As you make me laugh, now I just cry.
I don’t wanna hear you say you’re sorry anymore,
I want things to go back to the way they were before.
When you were holding my son, holding my hand,
Thought we were all going to the promised land,
Now you said you have to go,
That’s all I know.

Sit with me at the dock of the bay,
We’ll watch our troubles roll away,
Look the sun is about to rise,
Wipe those tears off your eyes.

If you must leave then go, but go in peace,
May God be the One who leads,
‘Til He leads you home.
Though he called you to roam,
You’re never alone.

Let me send you off with a blessing and maybe one last kiss,
If you ever get lonely, just remember this.
I’ve loved you like I never thought I could ever love,
You are the kind of man I’ve been dreaming of.
So go, go, go, but in peace. Go in peace.

1 comment:

  1. Started posting again, person who was bugging me decided to leave me alone after my, "thank you captain obvious" post. hahaha. :D

    ReplyDelete