Monday, January 3, 2011

God save me

I have this weight on my chest,
It's there even when I rest.
Even in my dreams I'm praying, "God I'm weak."
I don't even know how to speak.
It's be a crazy, wild ride,
Yet You've always been by my side.
You recaptured my heart,
Said you set me apart.

What do You wanna do?
What do You wanna do with this little life of mine?
You say, "let your light shine"
But God I feel so dim,
I feel so grim,
Feel the darkness closing in.

God save me, from myself,
And everything else,
That keeps clamouring and yammering,
At me, to not do what Ya called me to,
Which is simply to follow You.

There's this pounding, this ringing sounding,
In my ears,
Floodgate opens, full of tears,
This pressure, this all encompasing pressing,
Maybe it's just me, maybe I'm just stressing.

God save me from myself,
And everything else,
That keeps slipping, and tripping,
Me up, so I can't get my footing straight,
You told me to patiently wait,
For You, to do what You're gonna do.
Lord do what You wanna do, with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment