Monday, January 31, 2011

Mary's Moving? When? Where? WHY?!

Ok, so it's kinda of hard to explain everything via facebook, and it is NOT a good idea to try and explain things at midnight after crying for hours on end. Let me try to clarify a few things.

  1. I had decided a long time ago I wanted to move out of Bend to Portland to take the nursing program once I finish my prerequisites.
  2. Recently, several people have suggested I move away from Bend NOW or very soon from now.
  3. I am in the middle of a term, I cannot move RIGHT NOW
  4. Dominic is quite young and I do not want to take him away from his grandparents yet
  5. Whilst all of you have good points, you must refer to point 1. Eventually I will move
  6. Right now I am trying to decifer when and where to move to
  7. The reality is I have NO MONEY to move
Okay, now, only God can tell me what to do- but the fact that numerous people have suggested that I move away from Bend sooner rather than later, I am taking it into serious consideration. HOWEVER- I do not yet have peace about it, nor is it something I want to do. Doesn't mean I shouldn't, or I'm not going to, or it isn't in God's will- I'm just being honest about how I feel.
There are a lot of things I have to take into consideration:
  1. Where will I live?
  2. Where will I work?
  3. Who will watch Dominic?
  4. How will I pay for the daycare while I'm in school, since the state does NOT PAY for daycare for college students, and only CERTAIN COLLEGES have FREE or LOW-COST daycare
  5. Where will I find a Christian, spiritual support group?
  6. Where will I find a financial support group in case I run out of diapers, wipes, gas, etc.?
  7. Who will hold me accountable?
I honestly have more accountability here in Bend than I would anywhere else, why on earth when I'm at my weakest would I move away from that? I also have an extremely strong group of believers around me. Again, where I'm at right now, why would I move away from that?
Also- is God so limited that He can't work on me and change me while I'm here in Bend? Am I so weak and feeble that I am not capable of changing in this city? That is incredibly insulting to me and to God. HOWEVER- it doesn't mean that moving isn't a good idea OR that I don't already think I should move!! I have a lot more responsibility now and I have to weigh things out, I can't just jump in my car and GO! That'd be sweet, but I do not have that freedom.

In short. Yes, I am going to move. No, I do not know when or where yet. If I move before my prerequisites are done, I'd probably move to Medford where the Hills live, not Portland where I know only one or two people. Why and I not moving RIGHT NOW?! Because I don't have peace about it and I'm not afraid to face my problems right now, right here in Bend.

1 comment:

  1. you know I'm here if you need to talk Mary. I'm glad you are learning to not jump too far ahead and that you are thinking these big decisions through. Prayers and Much Love,
    Kiya

    ReplyDelete