Saturday, January 22, 2011

CIS 120 WK3

This week for my homework assignment I'm writing, err, "blogging" about a fellow blogger, who died. The story I'm writing about can be read here if any of my readers are interested in doing my homework with me! Hahah!

Firstly, this article was really long. Secondly, it brought me to tears. We as Americans take for granted the freedom we have and disgrace our country by forgetting our toops and veterans who fight and have fought so that we can keep this freedom! Not just one blogger died, but many, for saying things people in America say all the time about their government. When was the last time you heard someone, or read someone's blog that bad-mouthed our president, or our government? Was their house raided? Personal possesions taken? Were they put in prison, beaten? Did they- due to imprisonment, neglect, and abuse- die for writing or talking about something they believe in? No. Because our forefathers fought for freedom, and we have this awesome law of "freedom of speech". Yes, there have been steps backwards in our country, such as the taking down of the ten commandments, or kids not being allowed to pray in schools... but honestly, kids CAN pray in school. I hope my son learns that he has the freedom to pray and speak the name of Jesus wherever he is because we are protected in this country. Nobody is gonna imprison or kill him if he prays in school, or talks bad about the president. We have so much freedom in our country! I wish we would stop forgetting that. It really broke my heart that so many people want freedom in Iran- yet they are being silenced. I hope and pray that their country does become free... and that us as Americans would get our heads out of our *** and begin to be thankful for the freedom we have.


No comments:

Post a Comment