Thursday, March 3, 2011

Get real!

Ok... so, what do you spend the majority of your time thinking about? Not like, "important" things like bills, I mean your hopes and dreams and wishes... for me, it's a husband, a house, a family. Late last night tho, while I was praying and talking to Jesus I realized something- I've grown distant from Jesus. I bet if I spent as much working on my relationship with Jesus as I do thinking and dreaming about men and my future, I'd be so close to Jesus that I wouldn't worry so much about my future. That and I also got convicted about how I talk. When I spend my time talking shit about other people- who does it help? I don't care if it's just "discussing their doctrinal view" it's a waste of time! When I bad mouth my brothers and sisters in Christ- it's a shame! If I spent all the time I spent gossipping and bad mouthing people to encourage, build up and pray for people- how much more would God be glorified! Isn't that what we as followers of Jesus supposed to do? Build up, love, encourage, exhort, teach... LOVE ON others. That's what God wants me to do... not spend hours picking apart others, even if what i'm saying is true, how does it help anybody when I fill my mouth with those unloving things? God is calling us to do two very powerful, two very simple things.
1. LOVE HIM
2. LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR AS OURSELF
I don't want anyone judging my walk with God behind my back, I don't want people picking me apart when I'm not even there to defend myself, I don't want people guessing at my life and making assumptions... So who am I to do that to ANYONE?
Ok, just to point out, I'm not picking on anyone, this is something God showed me that I was doing and told me to stop and replace it with something good. I wanna spend my thoughts on Him and my time loving people.
Just some thoughts... still gettin over this cold but dying for some fellowship, may go to Bible study if "grandpa" watches Dominic for me. *crosses fingers*
Love you all!!

1 comment:

  1. So true. We should all be more like you said...but I hate using the word "should" because it's what we say when we know we should not eat crap but we do, and other such things. Like, we don't really intend to change, we just know we "should." (Btw, not saying you're doing that, it's more of a note to myself.) :) Let's love more. :)

    Joanna S.

    ReplyDelete