Friday, March 11, 2011

Chill Out!! Wait, God said that?

So... keeping in mind that i'm a human and am not perfectly "chillled out" this is what God has been putting on my heart.
"The Lord upholds all that fall, and raises up all those that be bowed down.
"The eyes of all wait upon You; and You givest them their meat in due season.
"You openest Your hand, and satisfy the desire of every living thing." (Psalm 145:14-16 KJV)
I've been writing this song about rain and how if God gives the earth rain when she's thirsty, how much more will He give me drink when I'm thirsty? Just this kinda concept of looking to Him expectently, waiting for Him to open His hand, because I know He will satisfy me.
At Bible study last night we read through 1st Cor. 7 and what I got out of it was God (and Paul) was basically telling everyone to chill out and be satisfied with where He has them at that moment.
"Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done".(Phil. 4:6 NLT)
"But godliness with contentment is great gain.
"For we broguht nothing into the world and it is certain we can carry nothing out." (1st Tim. 6:6-7 KJV)
"Let every man abide in the same calling wherein he was called." (1st Cor. 7:20 KJV)
It felt like God was saying to me, "Mary, chill out, be satisfied with being a single mom, with having what material things you have, look to me, I'll provide, just be content, I love you."
Does that make any sense? I could keep going about how He's been telling me He loves me so deeply and wants to be intimately close with me- which BLOWS my mind away- but Dominic and I have a WIC appointment so I gotta go. Love you all!!

1 comment:

  1. So great Mary!!! Last night was amazing! God is enough! :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete