Sunday, March 6, 2011

My dad rocks- even if he's not perfect

Right now, in my little life, I've been making a pretty huge change. Out with the bad, in with the good! in every way, shape and form. With that comes removing myself from bad friendships and reconnecting with my good friends. However, I'm not close to any of my "new" good friends... even though I've known them for years. Sometimes I just want someone who understands me, will take my side and tell me I'm making better choices now and if I mess up, to just keep moving in the RIGHT direction. WELL- I guess that's what dads are for, if you're lucky enough.
My dad is far from perfect, very far. However... he loves me a whole friggin lot. I've noticed this new pattern in my life and, i'm kinda happy about it. When I get upset, hurt, angry, frustrated or depressed, instead of turning to a guy to console me (like i used to do Before Christ) I go to my dad. He lets me vent, tells me I'm doing way better than I have been in a long time and i dunno... I feel good by the time I leave. No, no... I feel LOVED by the time I leave. Sure, he has his issues- but then again, I've got mine. I'm just glad when I feel like I have nobody, that I remember my dad and he's always there for me. I know I need to learn to lean on God and all that good stuff- but let's cut the bull crap. When you just bumped into your ex boyfriend's ex girlfriend and she is pregnant by one of your best guy friends that you used to mess around with........... well, sometimes you just need someone to scream to and say, "I HATE THIS!!!!" Then you realize you're moving on from that old life and you can just keep moving on- does that make any sense, or am I just rambling? Ok I'm just rambling!!! I love you all, and if you are blessed enough to have a dad who LOVES YOU in spite of all of his short comings, tell him you love him. He may need to hear it more than you realize. Night everybody!!

1 comment: