Saturday, March 12, 2011

It really worked!!!

So... I've been taking psychology classes and listening to differenting parenting advice from nurses, and all moms seem to have this "before bedtime routine". I had never really had a routine for dominic i just threw him in bed once it got close to midnight, shut the door and cried. Bein honest here... I really suck at this whole mom thing sometimes. Smiley
Over the past two weeks tho, I've been tryin really hard to pay attention to when he takes naps, eats, and goes to bed. I've also been trying this little "before bedtime routine" of brushing our teeth, reading a book and having a bottle (when we break the bottle we will go to a sippy cup of water and a book). Well, I realized Dominic was taking naps at like 5pm and thus staying up til 12pm... today I made him wait til almost two for his "early" nap and cut out his "evening" nap. i've done this before and still struggled to get him to sleep. Smiley  Tonight however, i had my secret weapon! Smiley the "before bedtime routine". Quite happy to say he is asleep. Right now. Before 9pm!!! I'm in shock! Smiley I'm so excited... SmileyI don't even know what to do with myself!


Gonna go to my sister's church tomorrow, I like how small it is, they split it up into two services. At TFAB I kinda ended up feeling lost if Chels and Naomi weren't there, I can tell that if I go to Mission it won't be that way. Also, I really wanna get involved in the church I attend, and I tried with TFAB but it was so complicated, someone from the church had to invite me to a site and i asked them to and they didn't... so I can't help out... which is frustrating. I could keep going and be persistent, or I could go to Mission and see if I can get involved there. That, and I like my sister Katie- SmileyI kinda miss bein around her. Been thinking about it Smiley I dunno, I guess I should pray about it.
Ok, I'm gonna go to sleep now- Smiley oh man, goin to sleep before 9pm... wow, I feel old. Haha, oh well. Smiley Don't forget to Spring Forward everybody!! Love all y'all!
Smiley
(^ just made me giggle!!! hehehe! bouncy pirate!!)

1 comment:

  1. hye.. nice blog.. keep up your gud work.. im from malaysia.. feel free to visit me n be my follower at http://ahealthtipsblog.blogspot.com
    keep in touch.. c ya! :-)

    ReplyDelete