Saturday, March 19, 2011

Love

Ok, to read more on how God loves us, check out Katelyn's most recent blog: Love, love and more love

It was cool to read this before posting what God has laid on my heart. He has loved me with this big, huge, amazing, intimate, detailed, beautiful love. Who am I to hoard it to myself?

Before I walked away from God, when I was younger, before I'd ever done anything horrendous, I remember almost getting this sense that the "lost" were my enemies. We preached at them, to them- God really pressed this on my heart- that isn't ever what He did. This huge burden is constraining me to write this... for how compassionate He was to those lost sheep! Remember how He fed them? How much He wanted them to have their eyes opened, their ears opened and their hearts softened!

Besides that, wasn't it just a few months ago that I was so lost, confused, deaf and blind, that I could not even look up to Him, could not say that I love myself, could not speak His name, or walk in righteousness? Now, by His great love with which He has loved us, He had compassion; He reached down and touched my heart.

"And when I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw everyone to myself." (John 12:32 NLT)

Jesus didn't die for a few select "lucky" people and everyone else around us, those icky "lost people" are damned to hell. NO! If you have ever for a moment let that thought into your head or heart, it's a lie. We have been COMMANDED to go and preach to everyone, because, He loves them just as much as He loves us- if not MORE! Preaching, sharing the gospel, talking about Jesus non-stop. It makes people uncomfortable. It isn't popular. I refuse let my light be dimmed in this dark world. I refuse to give the enemy a foothold by shutting up the light God has told me to let shine.

God has had compassion on me, my name is written in the Lamb's book of life- how can I not obey Him when He says, "Mary, go tell others the word I have given you. Follow me. Feed my sheep." How can I contest the word of the only One who has ever loved me perfectly?
I am constrained by love to simply say, "Yes Lord, I'll feed your sheep."

Who are His sheep? What of those who He has called, but have not yet heard?
What if it's our job to speak His word into their life? I would never have come back to my blessed Savior if they weren't people speaking His words into my life- even when I practically spat in their faces, God used those words to penetrate my soul.

Get ready for spit in your face, for profanities to be yelled at you- You follow Jesus- He was hung naked on a cross and those that follow Him have been called to lay down their lives. He promised persecution. Just don't forget that He loves you. So deeply, so passionately, that He went to hell for you and conquered death! So when He calls you to persecution, know that it isn't even worthy to be taken into account. He is worthy of your life.
I love Him so much I would follow Him wherever He calls, no matter the cost- Because HE LOVES ME so much more.

This is hard to explain, hard to write about, but it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment