Thursday, April 21, 2011

i need help

1. I will lift up my eyes to the hills—

From whence comes my help?

2. My help comes from the LORD,


Who made heaven and earth.

3. He will not allow your foot to be moved;


He who keeps you will not slumber.

4. Behold, He who keeps Israel

Shall neither slumber nor sleep.

5. The LORD is your keeper;

The LORD is your shade at your right hand.

6. The sun shall not strike you by day,

Nor the moon by night.

7. The LORD shall preserve you from all evil;


He shall preserve your soul.

8. The LORD shall preserve your going out and your coming in


From this time forth, and even forevermore.
 
Psalm 121
 
 
Last night after posting that blog i did some reflecting... especially after realizing i'd been angry cuz i was blaming Jesus for things I'd done. You see... I wanted to run away from Him and go sin, but all of a sudden the guys who I wanted to sin with, um, they began to disappear yesterday and I was frustrated... but kinda relieved and then I read that Psalm.

You see all these years whenever I tried to follow God I kept trying to keep myself from sinning. Like it was
my job to keep myself on track and if i couldn't then I deserved to go to hell.

Then last night I read this Psalm. Earlier I'd prayed to God in a song, "I don't think I can make it, and I don't want to fake it..." and I think He heard me. That last verse brought me to tears. The LORD is the One who is going to KEEP ME from my sin.

Wait, first He died on the cross to satisfy the death penalty I deserve, then He gave rose from the grave and gave me freedom & victory from my self and after promising that He would never hide His face from me in anger again AND that He would complete the work He started in me....

Now He's saying on top of all of that, He will keep me from sin.
Last night I realized I need Him to keep me from sin. Without Jesus guarding my heart, mind, soul and body, how could I keep myself from sinning?
This means that I have to surrender my heart, mind, soul and body to Him so that He can guard them for me.

Hmmm... sounds like a plan. He's been faithful in everything else, I'm convinced He'll be able to do this too, I just have to let Him.

Thank you for your prayers everyone... I think this definitely came about as fast as it did due to some knee-bending.

1 comment:

  1. It is the right way, follow Jesus. He is over the waves of life, and He bids us to come. Love

    ReplyDelete