Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Teaching Math? Are you crazy?

Woke up this morning to discover I have my son's cold- sweet. Smiley Haha. It's ok, 'cause it's giving me time to contact teachers and advisors and make dr. appointments.

I am seriously considering changing my major from nursing to becoming a math teacher.
Here are all the reasons why-
1. I LOVE MATH when I understand it
2. I love explaining an equation to someone so that they understand it and don't hate it anymore- super cool feeling
3. To be a nurse you cannot be emotionally palpable... *ahem* yeah that's NOT me
4. I haven't even been taking classes for a year yet, so it's earlier enough in that switching my major shouldn't hurt me too badly- I hope.
5. I'd have weekends off and regular hourse
6. Nurses have crazy ass hours!
I emailed all the math teachers I have to see what they think, I seriously enjoy math. Like, get excited and dance around in my seat, Smiley excited. That and I wanted to be a teacher when I was younger- it makes me happy to help people. I spent a couple hours with a fellow student yesterday and helped her understand how to factor out equations. I went home and realized that every math class I've been in, I helped someone to understand an equation or a concept.

I'm really excited because, quite frankly, I don't wanna be nurse. I don't. I just wanted to work at the red cross and poke people, make them laugh and not feel so nervous while they were doing something awesome. I hope I can do it, switch my major. I'd be so happy if I did. Baby is up and coughing, we are going to be sick together all day today! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. That's a good idea, Mary. The Lord will direct you. Remember Proverbs 16:9 " We can make our plans,
    but the Lord determines our steps."
    Let Him guide you in your education and you'll have peace knowing that you're walking in His will.
    A good way to go is to work towards your AAOT and take lots of math electives. Then, you'll have your AAOT to transfer and if for some reason you changed your mind, You'll have lots of options down the road when you go to get your bachelors degree.

    Hope you both feel better! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete