Monday, January 9, 2012

one step at a time... ready or not, Portland here I come!

Apparently a bachelor's degree is only a year longer than an associates, and an associates is like a prerequisite to a bachelors. SWEET! Smiley This means I am moving to Portland this summer! Smiley

There is a lot I have to do to prepare for that but I am just gonna take it one day and one step at a time.
Today was my first day back at college and it was an awesome day. I don't have to write papers weekly for my sociology class!!! WOO! Smiley Instead we just have articles to read and are going to do in class assignments which I am super excited about. Chemistry was great, gotta sit with the girls that I had lab with last term and we are all gonna be in the same lab again this term. Anatomy and Physiology was short but sweet, gotta sit with Brittany who came to our little women's Bible study tonight. It was a busy, stressful day that involved three different babysitters and a ton of driving but it was worth it. I have a feeling this term is going to be the best one yet. Smiley

There is something that has been on my mind and I can't quite shake it and I don't know what I'm supposed to do about it or what to think about it. Everyone I've talked to feels like there is going to be a great change this year but nobody really knows what it is. Will it be the beginning of the End Times? I don't know... Is it wrong that I want a normal life? All I want is an okay job, to provide for my son and live in peace. Will that all be ripped away from me and will I be all alone in Portland when it happens? Am I worrying about nothing? I just wish I knew... Do I love this life more than Christ? I'm beginning to think that may be the heart of the issue. I want to put Him and His will first in my life, but there are some verses that I struggle with. Like being enemies with family and forsaking them for God's sake. Can I put Christ before my son? That feels so impossible. I have built my life, my dreams and career around Dominic. The closer I get to Jesus though, the more I realize that it is all about Him and that I need to build my life, dreams and even career around Him. This is not an easy thing for me to swallow but I know that it's true.

Okay, that's all I have to say about that. Thanks to everyone who reads this and a shout out to all my followers!!! Love you all... 

2 comments:

  1. If I'm ever down in Portland, I'll be sure to visit you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! We would love to have you, and I'd love for you to meet Dominic :)

      Delete