Tuesday, January 3, 2012

direct my steps!

I've had a lot of decisions to make lately, one of them has to do with moving to Portland. I really don't want to move. I don't know if it's because i don't have peace or if i don't feel peaceful because I've never moved away from Bend before and it would be really hard on me and Dominic to uproot and move away from everything we've known. I've finally been able to walk with the Lord for the first time in four years, and I don't know that I wanna risk moving away to someplace where I have no support system at all. I also am going to start potty training Dominic next month and moving to a new place would make that really difficult on him. I still have peace about becoming a dental hygienist, so I am going to see if I can do the year of school online and if there's any place in Bend that accepts interns and would hire me once I'm done. I also would still need to work as a receptionist at a dental office while going to school to help pay bills, but it'd be much easier to do so if I was doing school online. I really need prayer about this because I'm not sure what God wants. I have to figure it out by Monday because that is the date that I have to submit my HUD form for housing assistance and I'll need to know what area I need to apply for. I've decided to drop my nutrition class this term for multiple reasons, one I will still have 12 credits if i drop it and two I heard that microbiology is not that difficult whereas my sociology class is.
I also got paternity results... they were not what I had hoped. This is a tough subject for me. I cried a lot. I am heartbroken that Dominic will now never know his father and the only things I know of his biological father are horrible, frightening things. I made the decision to not pursue child support or press charges. I will not put the biological father on the birth certificate. I do not understand how something so beautiful and innocent came from something violent and ugly. I love my Dominic no matter what and always knew this was a huge possibility, but I'm having a difficult time accepting it. Pray for me... I need wisdom.
I know that a man devises his way but the Lord directs his steps... and I really need some direction for what steps to take concerning college and moving.

Love you all!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am praying for you Mary. You can rest in knowing that when your heart is right before God, He delights to direct our steps, so keep your eyes open!

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you Mary. Jeremiah 29:11

    For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

    We all love you!
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you Mary! Love you.
    "For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to give strong support to those whose heart is blameless toward him." 2 Chron 16:9

    ReplyDelete