Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Welcoming in the New Year- Mary-style!

The new year is almost here... I believe New Year's week is a good time for reflection and a time to make sure you're walking in the direction you want to be walking in. Last year in December I had just started going back to church, my heart and life were a mess. I was depressed, angry, bitter, etc.
Now a year after admitting that I needed God, I find myself calm, collected, anticipating the adventure He is going to bring me through this next year.
I may have piercings, pink hair, a sweet tattoo and big boots, but just as He promised, my heart is growing softer and softer and I'm learning to listen to Him more and more. My New Year's resolution is simply to start reading my Bible again, even if it's just once or twice a week, something is better than nothing.
When i decided to change my major to dental hygiene I wasn't walking with God at all, and I'm concerned this isn't what He wants for me but I've started on this path and He has not told me to stop.
I am willing to do whatever He asks of me with my degree, go wherever...
I'm so worried about moving to Portland, now that it's coming up faster and faster I feel my stomach flutter with nervous butterflies at the very thought of packing all of my belongings up and going to a new house, a new job, a new school, placing Dominic in a daycare and being so far away from the friends and family that I love so dearly.
Well, with all this contemplation I know I must learn to lean on God much, MUCH more than I have been.
Everything is going so well right now, my roommate Brenna is an absolute sweetheart and my best friend. My relationships with all of my Bend family have gotten better and better... money is tight but somehow all of the bills are getting paid. Of course, a lot of it has to do with all the financial help my family and friends give me. What would I do without all of you? Mom, Dad, Joanna... you all give so much for me; more than just money-wise. Thank you for all of your love and support. I could not do any of this without you. And Dan Frank... You have been a huge blessing in my life and pray that you will be rewarded in more ways than just material possession.
Welcome in the new year and live like today is your last day... "For what is your life? It is but a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away."
Love all of you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment