Monday, December 19, 2011

Merry Christmas!!!

Hello everyone, how are you all this fine Christmas week? Present wrapped? Tree decorated? Cookies made? Well... we're getting there and I'm so excited! Besides the excruciatingly painful and annoying tingling sensation my carpal tunnel provides whenever I attempt to anything artistic; I have been practicing playing Christmas hymns on the piano my dad gave me. I never knew how challenging or enjoyable "Joy to The World" is to play and sing... it's the bass and tenor parts that I find most enjoyable, and have been singing the tenor part an octave higher than it is written... absolutely beautiful! It is worth the pain to play something so well written.
I'm looking forward to Christmas Eve more than Christmas morning... my grandpa, mom, dad, younger sister Joanna, younger brother Nolan and my older sister Katie and her husband and two children will all be over at my house. This will be my last Christmas in Bend for awhile... and I'm going to enjoy it to its fullest. I asked my Grandpa to read a passage from one of the gospels about Jesus' birth and to give a little history about the date and time he was born. I'm really looking forward to it.
My roommate Brenna is helping me come up with new traditions for Dominic and I- we decorated stockings and are going to decorate cookies on Christmas eve. She bought us both a TON of presents yesterday... thank you Brenna for making our Christmas so very merry. You are such a blessing!!! I'm so glad you are my friend.
Dancing over the weekend was fun. Brenna came with me Saturday and Sunday night and is falling in love with west coast swing just as much as I am. Smiley I won't be able to do lesson in January because of financial restraints but I should be able to start again in February and I'll still go to practica Sunday nights.
Dominic is getting so big, and I think he's entering the terrible 2's. He throws the most glorious fits for no reason at all... I can usually calm him down by counting and breathing but if not he ends up in time out, which is working so far. Today I found him taking all of the shoes out of the closet, thankfully he was a sweet boy and helped me put them all away.
Well... I've run almost all my errands, brought Katie her shoes, picked up Brenna's package from the post office and now I just have to go and drop off some paperwork at the DHS office and then my mom and I are going to go do some wine tasting!!  Smiley Nom, nom, delicious.
Well folks, I've gotta wake that baby up and run my last errand. Keep it real and have a very merry Christmas!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment