Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Reasons to NOT SMOKE

Okay, I'm posting this here so that I can look back on it and remember all of the reasons why I made the choice to quit smoking cigarettes, that and i'm running out of activities to keep my mind off of smoking so I'm going to do this, I think it will help.

Reasons Why I Choose to Quit Smoking

1. I do not want Dominic to smoke later in life
2. I cannot afford any extra expenses, especially ones that are detrimental to my health
3. I hate smelling like smoke all the time
4. I hate the way my mouth and throat feel after smoking
5. I hate being dependent on cigarettes for stress relief
6. I hate being a disappointment to my friends and family
7. I enjoy smelling good
8. I have more energy to go on long walks
9. I don't get winded when I walk up hills
10. I'll have more money for important things like diapers and gas and be less of a drain on everyone
11. I will be a more reputable health care worker as a non-smoker by practicing what I preach
12. I will be at a lower risk for stroke
13. Lower risk for heart disease
14. Lower risk for osteroporosis
15. Lower risk for hypertension
16. Lower risk for lung, throat and mouth cancer
17. Lower risk of all cause mortality
18. My hair will smell good again
19. I won't be embarrassed by someone catching me in the act of smoking a cigarette if I never smoke at all
20. I will set a good example for my son
21. It will be one less thing to stress about, feel guilty about and talk about; one less burden in my life


2 comments:

  1. let me tell you why I quit when I was 25 years old and smoking 2 packs a day. I had just started my photography business. I was in my studio without a helper when I ran out of cigeretts. I was affraid to leave the studio for fear of missing a phone call or a prospective customer. I was not saved but I realised that I did not want to let that little cigerett tell me that I couldn't live without it. So I quit. Now as a christian I find in Romans 6:16 that you are a servant to whatever you yield yourself to. You cannot serve two masters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has been one of the biggest reasons why I want to quit, I don't like feeling enslaved to something that is toxic to me. Thank you for the comment Grandpa, I enjoyed talking with you at Joanna's graduation party. :)

    ReplyDelete