Friday, June 15, 2012

Reasons why I ENJOY quitting

Okay so I've made a list of reasons why I should quit but now that I've made it since Tuesday and only smoked a total of 4 cigarettes (better than my 10-15 a day) I've decided to list reasons why I enjoy quitting, that way when I am tempted to pick up a cigarette I'll remember things that I could be doing instead and why i ENJOY them MORE than smoking.

1. I LOVE taking walks with Dominic, we will walk for 1-2 hours at a time, leisurely looking at plants growing along the different paths we take, explaining to him all the different things we see. I love lifting him up on my shoulders to see mountains, the river, or the cars racing under the overpass. I've never felt more relaxed or calm than when I am on a walk with my son. SOOOOOOO much more enjoyable and rewarding than cancer-causing cigarettes!

2. I love inhaling and exhaling fresh air without feeling tired, walking for hours without getting winded

3. I love smelling GOOD, no smoke in my hair, on my skin, clothes, face, Dominic likes snuggling much more now I've noticed and gives me lots of kisses

4. I love the freedom of not needing to have cigarettes or a lighter on my at all times

5. Everything tastes and smells better and I feel better, mentally, emotionally and physically. Not smoking makes me realize how strong I am mentally and emotionally and how many people out there love and support me. It has been a very positive experience!

6. I love brushing my teeth and smelling how clean my hands are, and knowing that my teeth are going to stay clean, or getting out of the shower and knowing that I will smell clean ALL DAY.

Okay, those are the reasons I can think of off the top of my head, but I know there are more. Thanks again to everyone who has been encouraging me and praying for me, I know that there are a lot of you, you guys rock!

3 comments:

  1. 7. Monetary savings. Not just the few dollars a day, but the eventual additional health care costs.

    8. Other people think you smell better. :) How much benefit will that be to you over the years.

    9. Dominic! You know how many ways this positively affects him. :)

    10. Once you kill one addiction it strengthens your ability to stand against others.

    Love you Mary!

    -Pete

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pete :) I looked at this today cuz I've smoked a lot more than I have all week, those are good reasons :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hug* way to stay positive and keep moving forward.
    Kiya

    ReplyDelete