Sunday, June 19, 2011

to dominic's dad

I used to be so mad at You... thinking You didn't care that Dominic had no dad. I thought You were punishing me by not giving me a husband- a dad for Dominic. I knew You'd told me You are his Father, and my Husband, but I was still dissatisfied, because I was sure that meant You'd never bring me a husband, never bring Dominic a dad. I'll never be able to thank You enough for having Jodie talk to me on the chat on facebook that one night... she pointed out that You love me, You want good things for me, and yes, someday You will provide a husband for me, a dad for Dominic. I was sooooo mad at You, bitter, angry, sliding back because of it... because of something You never even said.

This Father's Day, Dominic's biological father is out there somewhere... not thinking about him at all... or hoping Dominic isn't his son maybe. Yet YOU are his dad right now. I don't have to look into the future and hope for some physical man who will fail us... because I have You right now. Right now I have is YOU to lead my family, YOU to be the head of my house, YOU to keep us well, leaning on God. Since You are God that is always going to be Your goal... kinda mind boggling to think about.

I just wanna say thanks, thanks for not making me wait for a husband and a dad for Dominic, but for being those things right NOW. We need You. My Provider, my Comforter... the Authority and Head of this little family... Happy Father's Day, to the only True God, the Father of all the Fatherless.


Amen.

2 comments:

  1. This is so wonderful and so true. :) Many, many blessings on you and Dominic. Your little family IS being led by God, because you want that. *hug* :)

    Joanna S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love, LOVE this post. And that picture of you and your handsome son. I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete