Tuesday, February 14, 2012

recognizing the obvious

I'm a single mom. I don't really like identifying myself as this but now that it's been almost two years i think i'm finally able to realize that there is no knight in shining armor and i may be doing this alone for awhile.

Dominic turns 2 on Friday, i had told everyone that as soon as he turned 2 i would start potty training. I got the pull ups, have been browsing training toilets asking him to tell me when i poops (he can sign and say "poop"!) and teaching him to pull his pants up and take them off. If i have had this set in my mind to do then why am i so unsure now that Friday is only three days away??

My brother Nolan agreed to help teach Dominic how to pee but I don't think that'll come til Dominic can sit on the potty and go at the appropriate time. I don't know the first thing about starting this or how to get him to actually PEE on a little toilet.

Chemistry starts in 20 minutes so I better hurry and finish getting ready... love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment